Do you own Android Tablet and wants to enjoy Whatsapp on it? If yes, then you must read this tutorial. Here, are sharing two methods to install whatsapp at the android tablet like you get on android phone.
Use WhatsApp on Android Tablet
The simplest way to get WhatsApp on your android tablet is through use of workaround to obtain a web version of WhatsApp.
The main disadvantage of this method is that you need to have Android or iPhone installed at your device.
The second uses the WhatsApp APK files to install WhatsApp at the android tablet. These files are downloaded from the WhatsApp official website.
So, you will be able to enjoy WhatsApp at your android tablet without needing to download WhatsApp on your phone.
1. Get WhatsApp on Android Tablet Using WhatsApp Web
If you are using WhatsApp on your device like iPhone or Android then you can use a workaround to enjoy it on the big screen of your tablet.
- Go to the chrome browser using your tablet.
- Type web.whatsapp.com in the search engine.
- As you are using the website from your mobile, you will be redirected to the mobile version of the WhatsApp.
- In order to get the desktop version, click on three dots icon and choose the desktop site option.
- It will redirect you to the page web.whatsapp.com and a QR code will be displayed at the screen of your tablet.
Go to the WhatsApp using your android phone and click on three dots icon and choose the WhatsApp web.
If you are using iPhone then go to settings then WhatsApp web/desktop.
Click OK and use the rear camera of your phone to scan the code available at the screen of your tablet.
After scanning your QR code you will see all the messages at the screen of your tablet.
This is it!!! You can enjoy WhatsApp on the big screen of the tablet. You can access all of its features as you do on your phone.
2. Install WhatsApp on Android Tablet Using APK File
This second method will download the WhatsApp directly to your tablet. You will not have to download it on your phone device.
As we have mentioned it requires to download the APK files from the WhatsApp official website so you need to enable Apps from unknown sources installation on your devices.
- Go to the settings from android and choose the security option.
- Scroll down and tap on the option of unknown sources present under the device administration portion.
- A warning message will be displayed, Tap on okay.
- Go to the chrome browser using your tablet and type www.whatsapp.com/android/. Tap on the download now button.
- Sometimes warning message displayed that this file can harm your device. You just tap on OK to download the file.
- After downloading the file successfully, choose the three-dot button of the chrome and then downloads from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the whatsapp.apk file from the downloads screen.
- In order to complete installation, you will have to tap on next. After that click on done to open WhatsApp at your android device.
- The next important step is the setting of WhatsApp on your android tablet.
Setup & Activate WhatsApp on Android Tablet
To complete the setup process of WhatsApp at your tablet you need to provide the mobile number so that WhatsApp can send you verification code.
If you don’t own a mobile phone number or SIM card then you can check how to Use WhatsApp Without Phone Number or SIM
If you have a phone number then follow these steps to get WhatsApp setup at your android tablet.
Open Whatsapp from your android tablet.
Wait for few seconds until the SMS verification fails and then click on call me to get an automated call from the Whatsapp.
Save the verification code so that you can use it in the next step.
Next, provide the code so that the verification process completes.
After successful verification, the Whatsapp will become active at your android tablet.
If you want to make sure whether it is working properly or not, then send a message to one of your contacts to check it.